Lounge Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our Lounge community. To ensure the best possible experience for all Lounge members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about NACAS should be directed to our Member Engagement staff.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NACAS reserves the right to remove posts and suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NACAS reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- If a message is deleted, you may request a written reason as to why your post was deleted.
- Challenging or attacking others is not permitted. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Commercial messages on any Lounge Community or EGroup are not allowed. Contact appropriate users directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Commercial messages include:
- A direct product and service pitch for the business partner you represent. You may ask one of your own NACAS members to promote you on your behalf, but this cannot be a direct solicitation.
- Posting your company’s resources without pre-context. This means you can reply to an inquiry with answers from your company’s research or to promote a company webinar related to an inquiry. Starting new threads with this information, however, is strictly forbidden.
- Job postings are not permitted to be shared in the NACAS Lounge. As NACAS members, you have discounted rates when posting to the Career Center. You may also use the Member Directory to find members to share your job opening with directly.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Remember that NACAS and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to any EGroup.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
Lounge Community and EGroup Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to appropriate users--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the EGroup. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
The Lounge Communities and EGroups are provided as a service of NACAS for Association members. NACAS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NACAS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NACAS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NACAS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials is strictly prohibited. Any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner is illegal and not allowed. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NACAS and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or to any NACAS staff member if attending a NACAS event. As an association, we take our community's health seriously and want to ensure everyone has a good experience, so please contact us at email@example.com if there is an issue so we can help address it.
NACAS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.